The Energy Transformation Center (ETC) was established on July 2019 at Universidad Andres Bello (UNAB), with the vision of to be a center of excellence, recognized nationally and internationally for the quality of its work and its role in developing high-impact research, thus positioning UNAB as a significant contributor to the scientific and technological development of the country in the areas of Power Electronics, Renewable Energies, Electromobility and Power Systems. Currently, it is looking for ambitious, talented researchers to join its team of science and engineering experts.
UNAB, together with ETC is offering 2 postdoctoral position fellowship to work in the power electronics field.
Candidates must have completion of a PhD in Electrical Engineering or a related subject area, with a major component in Power Electronics design and control. You are also expected to have experience (essential) in PLECS, MATLAB or equivalent simulation tools and C/C++ programming, with a strong foundation in Multilevel Converters, DC/DC converters, Renewable Energies and Drives. The ability to work in a team and interact professionally with other Researchers and Academics is also essential as close collaboration with colleagues is expected.
The desirable starting date is June 2022 to join our team, and in any case not later than August 2022. The application is received in the Power Electronics field, with emphasis in Electromobility, power electronics, renewable energy and microgrids.
The postdoctoral positions will be awarded for an initial period of 12 months, renewable up to 24 months, and consist in a monthly gross salary of CLP$1.850.000 (Chilean Pesos).
• Cover letter explaining your interest in becoming part of the Energy Transformation Center.
• Resume Vitae, including a list of publications.
• Documentation providing evidence of the possession of a PhD
• Desirable to annex two reference letters.
• Required documents should be provided in English in a single PDF file.
• Applicants must have been awarded the Ph.D. degree within the period 1-2017 to 12-2021
• Foreign researchers are required to obtain a temporary work visa before their starting date.
• The postdoctoral researcher must apply to the national FONDECYT Postdoctoral competition 2023-2024. Failure to comply with this obligation will preclude eligibility for renewal after the initial 12 months.
• UNAB is committed to gender diversity and we encourage women applicants to write confidently about their achievements.
• The positions are for working at the engineering faculty of UNAB, Santiago, Chile.
• Deadline for application submissions is March 31st.
• Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “POSTDOC POSITIONS”.
• For any information contact email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
• For more information about the research activity of our group, please visit us at https://etcenterunab.info/